Gift-wrapping a blanket can be a thoughtful and creative way to present it as a gift. Here are the steps to gift wrap a blanket:
Materials you will need:
- Wrapping paper (large enough to cover the blanket)
- Ribbon or twine
- Gift tag or card
- Choose the right wrapping paper: Select wrapping paper that complements the blanket and the occasion. Solid colors, patterns, or festive designs can work well.
- Lay out the wrapping paper: Unroll the wrapping paper and lay it flat on a clean, flat surface, such as a table or the floor. Ensure the paper is large enough to completely cover the blanket.
- Place the blanket: Lay the blanket flat in the center of the wrapping paper, with the long sides of the blanket parallel to the long sides of the wrapping paper.
- Fold the wrapping paper: Take one long side of the wrapping paper and fold it over the blanket, ensuring it covers the blanket completely. If the wrapping paper is too long, you may need to trim the excess, leaving enough paper to overlap the blanket by a few inches.
- Secure with tape: Use clear tape to secure the folded edge of the wrapping paper to the blanket. Make sure it is secure but not too tight to avoid damaging the blanket.
- Fold the other side: Now, fold the other long side of the wrapping paper over the blanket, just like you did with the first side. Ensure it overlaps the first folded edge and covers the blanket completely.
- Secure with tape: Again, use clear tape to secure the second folded edge to the blanket. Make sure it is secure and neat.
- Fold and tape the short sides: Fold the two short sides of the wrapping paper towards the center of the blanket, creating neat triangular flaps on each end. Secure these flaps with tape.
- Add ribbon or twine: To give your wrapped blanket a finishing touch, tie a ribbon or twine around the center of the blanket where the paper overlaps. You can tie a bow or a simple knot.
- Attach a gift tag or card: Write a personal message on a gift tag or card, and attach it to the ribbon or twine.
- Final adjustments: Gently fluff and adjust the wrapping paper to ensure it looks neat and presentable.
- Present your gift: Your beautifully wrapped blanket is now ready to be presented to the recipient. Be sure to handle it with care to avoid damaging the wrapping.
This method should result in a nicely wrapped blanket that adds an element of surprise and thoughtfulness to your gift-giving occasion.